Friday, January 30, 2015

Recap of 2014 {Part 1: Amazed at God's Goodness}


Another year has flown by! Wow! I can't believe that it's already 2015!
So, just like last year's Remembering 2013, here is a recap of 2014 in three parts, highlighting the memorable moments of our super busy year! Are y'all ready? Okay, let's go! 

January ~
My brother, Michael, played in a basketball league! He is a fantastic basketball player; he had 4 points, 4 rebounds and 1 assist in his last game.

Sarah, Michael, Mark, & I pose after Michael's basketball game
February ~
As a Southerner, I love everything about the snow! From snow ball fights, to making snow creations, it's all fun to me! So, when we moved to Indiana, I was very excited to finally have more than 2-3 inches of snow per year! And guess what? That's exactly what I got! Unbelievably, we had the craziest, first winter in Indiana that we have ever experienced in our whole lives! Snow was everywhere; it was such a pretty sight! We had a total of 60+ inches of snow. At one point, it was -14 degrees outside!




Dad teaching at a biblical counseling conference
Another thing that I love doing is serving Christ. Sarah and I volunteered to help a ministry during a biblical counseling conference by holding signs, telling conference attenders about upcoming Vision of Hope tours and Q & A with my dad. Then, Sarah, Michael, and I welcomed folks in who wanted to get a tour of VOH. We gave them handouts for the self-guided tours.

Tours Today! Q & A with Pastor Mark Shaw!

March ~ 
Well, it's time to pack up again! You might be thinking, "But wait, a minute, didn't you move last year from Alabama to Indiana? Where are you going now?" You're right, we had a big move last year but this time we have a much smaller move from a rental home to a permanent home that we built/designed. We spent several weeks in March packing up and preparing to move out!


Look at those boxes piled high! (Don't you just love that teddy bear?)

More and more packing! Except this time it's for a vacation! Let's travel on one of Dad's speaking engagements to Kansas City, Missouri! Here we go! Daddy, Sarah, Michael, and I hopped in the car and splashed into a hotel pool! It even had a super huge slide! While Dad was away teaching, we would do school, watch Narnia movies, arrange book tables, eat peanut butter M&Ms with friends, and sell Dad's books. We even got to sit in one of Dad's plenary sessions about addictions, pass out pamphlets and brochures, and be Daddy's assistant whenever it was needed. In our free time, we went to a science center! I thoroughly enjoyed this vacation!



This is the addictions plenary session that we participated in.




April ~
Daddy, Mommy, Sarah, and I all wore purple t-shirts on the same day! 
Purple Day

Stay tuned for Part 2 covering May, June, July, and August of 2014! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! It makes my day to hear from you!
~Rachel