Sunday, August 9, 2015

DR Trip 2015 | Part 1: Flying For the First Time

At 2 am on June 20, 2015, we woke up and remembered, "We've got a flight to catch! We're going to the Dominican Republic!" And even though it was early in the morning, I was very excited about traveling overseas! Having never flown before, I was a little bit nervous about customs, security, and the overall flight on an airplane. But fortunately, it turned out to be fun (even though take-off was a little bit scary at first).

#airportselfie while we were waiting on flight #1

Window seats are the best! I love looking out my window!
  
On a short flight, I literally stare out the window THE WHOLE TIME!
And you can see why!


When we arrived in Dominican Republic, I kept wanting to pinch myself because I kept asking myself, "Am I really here? Is this really happening? Am I really on the other side of the world?" (Clearly, I don't know my geography very well, because the DR is just below Florida.)

But anyway, we checked into the hotel and immediately I noticed a lot of Spanish speaking people and something interesting I noticed was that in DR culture, the hotel staff carry your suitcases into your room for you. You should not have to carry ANYTHING when you check into your hotel. I don't know if it's just the culture or just a sign of hospitality to us Americans! But all I know is that that was nice of them to do that for us! We caught ourselves accidentally saying, "Thank you," to them in English. #uhoh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! It makes my day to hear from you!
~Rachel