Wednesday, September 16, 2015

DR Trip 2015 | Part 7: Dominican Food + Alas 1 Group Photo

As you've probably noticed by now,
I really enjoyed trying new Dominican food
while I was in the Dominican Republic.
Everything I ate there was so delicious!
I wish we could eat Dominican food
all the time in the U.S.!
Here is a just a sampling
of the many foods I tried during my
week-long stay in the Dominican Republic.

TOP LEFT: mofongo
TOP MIDDLE: chicken with veggies
TOP RIGHT: fried plantain chips
MIDDLE: yuca chips with lettuce, tomato, cheese, ham wrap
BOTTOM MIDDLE: lemon pie at the Arochas' house

One afternoon, we got a tour of a museum
called Centro Leon
with our translater Carlos.

During our tour of the museum, we saw a sign that said....


This translates to: "Edward has a good heart,
he is loyal and a friend ... unique."
My dad's middle name is Edward;
so, he said, "Rachel, take a picture of that!"
Although the sign wasn't talking about Dad, 
it's fun to think of it as if it was!


Group photo of Alas 1 girls

These were some of the sweetest girls to hang out with and play games with!
So thankful for the time I got to spend with them and the fun memories
I made with them just by playing soccer, kick ball, and hanging on the monkey bars.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! It makes my day to hear from you!
~Rachel