Today, I will start a series of blog posts on Bible verse(s) of the day. I will also explain in each post why I like that certain verse.
So, here goes the first one in the series!
Bible Verses of the Day
Background of the Book: Job is a righteous man. Since he loves the Lord so much, Satan took away his family and other earthly belongings. Satan was trying to get Job to hate God. Fortunately, Job does not! He actually praises and loves His Creator.
Job 19:25-27
For I know that my Redeemer lives, and at the last He will stand upon the earth.
And after my skin has been thus destroyed, yet in my flesh I shall see God, whom I shall see for myself, and my eyes shall behold, and not another. My heart faints within me!
I love these verses because they plainly state the essence of my hope: Jesus Christ!
My Redeemer truly lives! Just like His Word, the Bible, He is living and active! And we can communicate with Him at any time of the day.
After my skin --- that is, my earthly body --- has been destroyed, we will see our Creator: the LORD God Almighty, who was and is and is to come! Verse 26 reminded me that I hope in something more than just my earthly body that will decay at some point; I hope in my Everlasting, Loving Heavenly Father!
Verse 27 reminds me that I will see God with my own eyes ..... the Person who I've hoped in for a while now, is coming down to see us and reign victoriously on His throne! Now I know why Job had his hopes high and why his heart faints to see His King!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to comment! It makes my day to hear from you!
~Rachel