Wednesday, October 22, 2014

♥ Chapter 1: Welcome to the Farmhouse! ♥

Exciting! During a vacation I went on, I wrote a book called Olivia's Summer Vacation. I've always wanted to be able to write a book ever since I was 7 years old, and I got so many different ideas of what to write on. So, I compiled all my ideas into one little book and a whole series of books on the same character, Olivia.

Today, you'll get the opportunity to read the very first chapter of Olivia's Summer Vacation! I hope you enjoy this book!


Olivia's Summer Vacation
Chapter 1: Welcome to the Farmhouse!


Meet Olivia Hutchins. She's an energetic girl who loves vacations (what she would call "adventures"), and she'd love for you to join her summer vacation to Aunt Rosemary and Uncle Ken's farmhouse. This is how it all began:

Ring Ring! Ring Ring! Olivia's mama answered the phone, saying, "Hey Ken. How's it going at the farmhouse? ... Yeah, Greg and I thought about it and we realized that both of us work through the summer ... That works fine for us. She'll pack her bags, and head your way. See you then, Ken ... Bye."

"What am I supposed to do?" Olivia asked with curiosity. "Who called?"

"Uncle Ken invited you to come and stay with them for two-to-four weeks, the whole summer, while me and Daddy work. What do you think?" Her mama replied, smiling.

"Two-to-four weeks? Of course I will! Let me go pack!" exclaimed Olivia.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The one-and-a-half hour drive to Aunt Rosemary and Uncle Ken's farmhouse made Olivia bubble over with excitement.

"You mean that I get to see cousin Emily for four weeks straight?" Olivia didn't wait for an answer. "That's awesome!"

"Ken said something about the tulips blooming and a big announcement he's gonna make. They also plan on going to the skating rink and the zoo. Olivia, you'll have a blast!"

"It's never a boring place at the farm!" concluded Olivia.

Suddenly, Olivia spotted a farmhouse with six people crowded around. It seemed like they were looking for something ... or someone. Abruptly and all at once, the whole family erupted into ear-to-ear smiles.

Upon getting out of the car, Olivia and her mama were greeted by warm and friendly faces -- all of whom were close relatives. Olivia approached her dear uncle and aunt, saying,

"Uncle Ken and Aunt Rosemary, it's so great to see you! Thanks for letting me come over for a while!"

"We're glad you could come, Olivia!" Uncle Ken and Aunt Rosemary replied.

After that, Olivia's cousin (Aunt Rosemary and Uncle Ken's daughter) Emily welcomed her to her home. "Olivia, I'm so excited about you staying with us! It's gonna be so much fun!"

A short, blonde-haired girl wearing a flowery dress walked up to Olivia, standing beside Emily. Her blue eyes glistened and sparkled in the sunlight.

"Hey there, Julia! Are you ready for some fun at the zoo and the skating rink?"

"Yes, ma'am, Livi! Can we go now?" little Julia replied in her four-year-old way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stay tuned for Chapter 2: A Valley of Tulips coming up next!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! It makes my day to hear from you!
~Rachel