Tuesday, October 20, 2015

MT Trip 2015 | Part 4: Grace Bible Church

{click photo to enlarge}

While I was in Montana on Sunday, July 19, 2015, I heard an awesome sermon at Grace Bible Church! It was taught by Pastor Brad Bigney, who is a pastor in Kentucky, but came to Montana to teach at the biblical counseling conference with my dad. Brad Bigney is a fluent speaker and teacher and has written several books about biblical counseling. I have really enjoyed his teachings, so I couldn't resist sharing this sermon with you, entitled "Suffering in Light of Eternity" based on Romans 8.

Click here to see his sermon notes.
To watch the video of this sermon on Vimeo, click here.
If you'd like to just hear the audio of this sermon, click here.
Here are some of my favorite Brad Bigney quotes from this sermon that I heard in Bozeman, Montana.

"Biblical hope is a confident expectation of future blessing based on the character and promises of God." - Brad Bigney

"The proper response to this groaning that we all sense and are all aware of is to embrace the groaning with a heart filled with hope because of the presence and power and promises of God." - Brad Bigney

"God is a personal, loving God who is inside your circle of pain and has done something about your circle of pain. He has redeemed it and you." - Brad Bigney

"Wake up everyday and say to yourself: 'This is not random...God is in control. I don't know what He is doing, but I know it's good and He has a specific purpose for my pain.'" - Brad Bigney

"Read God's Word carefully, prayerfully, and often." - Brad Bigney

Just days before church on Sunday, I got to meet Pastor Brad Bigney in person! I'm so thankful that I got to meet him -- he is one of the leaders in the biblical counseling movement! Not everybody can do that, and I guess it's one of the perks of being a pastor's kid!


1 comment:

  1. I soon loved his message that morning!! Such great quotes you shared! In fact, I'm gonna share this with a friend who I know will be encouraged by it this week! Thanks!

    ~Jenni O'Brian

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! It makes my day to hear from you!
~Rachel