My grandparents on my mom's side celebrated
their 50th anniversary over the Labor Day weekend.
So, my family drove 15+ hours down
to Mobile, AL and visited them.
Fun fact about Grammy and GrandDad:
Grammy and GrandDad love fishing and spending time
with their 9 children and 25 grandchildren.
![]() |
| 3 of our cousins at Anna's track meet From left to right: Karen, me, Anna, Sarah, and David |
While we were in Mobile,
my sister and I got to watch my cousin Anna's track meet!
It was so much fun! Thanks for letting me tag along! :)
my sister and I got to watch my cousin Anna's track meet!
It was so much fun! Thanks for letting me tag along! :)
The next day, we had a special ceremony
where Grammy and GrandDad renewed their vows.
I'm happy to say ... They're still in love after 50 years!
☺ ♥ ☺
where Grammy and GrandDad renewed their vows.
I'm happy to say ... They're still in love after 50 years!
☺ ♥ ☺
![]() |
| The whole family :) We're only missing 5 cousins, 2 aunts, and 2 uncles. I'd say that's pretty good, especially due to the fact that we are such a large group of people! |
![]() |
| Grammy and GrandDad with 20 out of 25 of their grandchildren |
![]() |
| Eating lunch That's a whole lot of mouths to feed! :) |
After that, there was an open house party for friends and family!
Even my 100-year-old great-grandma
(who is GrandDad's mother)
got to stop by and visit!
(who is GrandDad's mother)
got to stop by and visit!
![]() |
| Chatting with friends and family |
I enjoyed spending time
with friends and family over Labor Day weekend.
with friends and family over Labor Day weekend.
It was so much fun, and I loved hanging out with y'all!
I'm so thankful that I get to be a part of this family!





Hey rachel, thanks for such a neat article about our celebration of 50 years. It was quite something that all but two aunts, one uncle and 5 grans were able to get to mobile for our celebration. It was so oooooo special😊....hope all is well with you. Did you do something special on your birthday.?
ReplyDeleteHey rachel, thanks for such a neat article about our celebration of 50 years. It was quite something that all but two aunts, one uncle and 5 grans were able to get to mobile for our celebration. It was so oooooo special😊....hope all is well with you. Did you do something special on your birthday.?
ReplyDeleteHi, Grammy!
DeleteYou're welcome! I had lots of fun, and I'm so thankful we could come to Mobile for your special day!! :) It was awesome to get to see all of y'all (aunts, uncles, cousins, you and Grandad)!!
Thanks for the birthday wishes! I had an awesome birthday! For my birthday party, I had 4 friends over to play games and make blueberry muffins! We had so much fun, and I really enjoyed spending time with them! I’m still pinching myself that I’m already 15 years old! (P.S. I got your bday card in the mail!! Thank you so much, Grammy and Grandad!)
Love and miss you,
Rachel